So, what are you?

Personally, representing the people out of context from their culture is at times even more troubling. Of course, people do not always have to be heavily involved in their culture all the time, but it does trouble me when people act slightly defensive when something new is introduced. This is inspired by my Halloween experience when I dressed up as a Thai ghost, Mae nak: a ghost who can stretch out her arms very far. I do not mind explain what I am to people, but I do feel a bit of a tinge when they give me a strange look as they say “wait, so what you?” It is a very subtle feeling and people can take it as Me being slightly sensitive, so I just decided to draw it out.

This is about a Thai winged women, Kinaree, who have to explain herself to the harpies.

By the way, this is what a Kinaree looks like:
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Arrival, by Shuan Tan

Ambition and ability

The contemporary and chaotic outsider